Horseshoe Bay is a city in Burnet and Llano Counties of Texas. Prior to its incorporation in September 2005, it was a census-designated place (CDP). The CDP population was 3,337 at the 2000 census. The 2010 census put the population at 3,418.
With a legacy of expertise in the luxury real estate market, Tom Ashworth is the best choice you can make when purchasing property at this exclusive lakeside destination featuring some of Texas ’s finest properties. He is active in the community, has insider knowledge of all the premier properties and neighborhoods. Through unparalleled service, expertise and knowledge, Tom Ashworth is poised to guide you effortlessly through your purchasing journey.
Horseshoe Bay is located at 30°32′41″N 98°22′06″W (30.544814, -98.368428). It is located in both Burnet County and Llano County on the southern shore of Lake Lyndon B. Johnson. This is about 23 miles southeast of Llano and 42 miles northwest of Austin.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP had a total area of 26.7 square miles (69.1 km2), of which, 23.4 square miles (60.5 km2) of it is land and 3.3 square miles (8.6 km2) of it (12.48%) is water.
As of the censusof 2000, there were 3,337 people, 1,623 households, and 1,186 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 142.8 people per square mile (55.1/km2). There were 2,773 housing units at an average density of 118.7/sq mi (45.8/km2). The racial makeup of the CDP was 96.22% White, 0.33% African American, 0.24% Native American, 0.78% Asian, 1.47% from other races, and 0.96% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 4.29% of the population.
There were 1,623 households out of which 11.6% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 68.5% were married couples living together, 2.8% had a female householder with no husband present, and 26.9% were non-families. 24.0% of all households were made up of individuals and 12.1% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.06 and the average family size was 2.37.
In the CDP the population was spread out with 10.6% under the age of 18, 3.4% from 18 to 24, 15.0% from 25 to 44, 36.2% from 45 to 64, and 34.8% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 58 years. For every 100 females there were 95.7 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 95.7 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $54,073, and the median income for a family was $65,324. Males had a median income of $39,375 versus $23,019 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $36,254. About 5.8% of families and 6.1% of the population were below the poverty line, including 9.2% of those under age 18 and 4.7% of those age 65 or over.
Horseshoe Bay Real Estate Listings
Active Listings in Horseshoe Bay
- Lot 8008 Florentine Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- Lot 44065 Crest View Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- Lot 44036 Twin Sails Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- A8075 Florentine Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- Lot 257 La Serena Loop Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- 100 Bay Point Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- Lot N3076 Lucy Lane Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- Lot N3075 Lucy Lane Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- W22038 Leftward Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- 155 La Serena Loop – Casita 53 Escondido Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- 157 La Serena Loop-Casita 54 Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- 516 Free Rein Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- 105 Blue Bird Ln Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- 1306 Broken Arrow Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- 125 Applehead Island Dr. Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- 110 Amethyst Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- Sun Ray Horseshoe Bay West Lot W22083-B Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- 104 Horseshoe Bay #16 Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- W5034 Bay West Blvd/Sky Lark Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- 104 Lost Buck Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
Walk Score for Horseshoe Bay
Horseshoe Bay School Data
Horseshoe Bay School Districts
We’re sorry, we were unable to load the school district data. Please check back soon.
Horseshoe Bay Schools
We’re sorry, we were unable to load the school data. Please check back soon.